Sometimes, waiting or sacrificing things is actually just opening the door for God to grant us the desires of our hearts in a spectacular way...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Mercado de la Paz

Today was a very quiet day... we took it easy after our big day at the Prado. The children and I enjoyed a nice lunch with Daddy at our new favorite Italian place... then off we went to the market to pick up a few things for dinner.

There is a large supermarket in the local department store called El Corte Ingles, but today we chose the local Mercado de la Paz to do our shopping. It is so colorful and interesting. There are plenty of choices and everything is very fresh!

Wonderful Produce


"Look Pig Legs!" This is Thomas' favorite line... we see them everywhere...
Jamon is a staple item in most Spanish homes.

Roast Suckling Pig Anyone?

Sarah about had heart failure when she discovered this in the meat case... poor thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, yah...I'd just about have heart failure too! Yeesh, I like my dinner unrecognizable when I purchase it, thank you very much ;)

-JC

Unknown said...

This little piggy went to market! Gives that story a new meaning. Sorry Sarah.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *