Sometimes, waiting or sacrificing things is actually just opening the door for God to grant us the desires of our hearts in a spectacular way...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Day Trip to Toledo

Today we braved the Madrid central city traffic in a rented van and headed south out of the city toward the historical city of Toledo.

View from our parking spot!

It was an amazing town set on a hill with cobblestone roads winding their way like spaghetti all through the town. It was truly a picturesque feast for the eyes.



We first happened to arrive at the Museo de Santa Cruz where we enjoyed original works of, El Greco. Thomas and Sarah enjoyed playing in the central courtyard.


Thomas in a rare quiet moment...

We then hiked our way up the hill to Toledo's Gothic Cathedral.


Hiking up the hill with Daddy!


The Cathedral in Toledo

We will be leaving the city of Madrid tomorrow and heading for Barcelona and then over to Lisbon, Portugal. I will post next weekend...

An old woman washing her front porch.

Until then...

I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!
May you find joy in spending meaningful time with your family and friends...

Adios!

1 comment:

Kristi Knifong said...

Hi Dyana! I just wanted to know that I'm following your adventure. It just looks beautiful! I'm so glad you have a blog now. I can't wait to hear about what you've done for the coming week.
Love you friend!
Kristi K

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *