Sometimes, waiting or sacrificing things is actually just opening the door for God to grant us the desires of our hearts in a spectacular way...

Monday, June 8, 2009

Sewing Threads of Beauty and Modesty

Have you gone shopping for "girl" clothing lately? I sure find it difficult to find modest, feminine and tasteful clothing for my 10 year old young lady... I actually want her to look like a young girl, not a grown up woman or trendy teenager...

I have been looking at some great web sites and have found some adorable hand made skirts for young ladies... the problem is, they are all so darn expensive!

Well, I got to thinking, I do have a sewing machine, and I do have a general idea how to sew fabric together... although I am a bit rusty. I dusted off the machine and put my hands to work!

And here is the product of my creative juices!


Sarah picked out the vintage fabrics
and designed the skirt (with a bit of my help)...

I think it turned out lovely for our first go around!

3 comments:

Brenda Wire said...

That is awesome, you are so talented and I know it is fun to see the results of your work. Stevie and I spent time weeding today and you know our yard - there is a lot of weeding. Feels good to have it done for now.

Kristi Knifong said...

TOTALLY CUTE!!!!!
Love you lots!
Re-reading the Charlotte Mason Home Companion to inspire me to enjoy this time of year with my babes. Loved chatting with you!
Kristi

Unknown said...

What a great job! It looks beautiful. I do have a very talented daughter! (and granddaughter!)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *