We had a lovely opportunity to get together with new friends... a picnic at the beach!
What could be more fun than digging in the sand along the seashore on a lovely spring day...
Treasure found in the sand...
New Friends are a Blessing!
We are slowly setting up our little home and getting ready to start our school year in October. Yes, we are a little behind schedule this year... Yet, in Australia, Spring is just around the corner... so, I feel a bit out of sorts. I find myself longing for warm spiced tea and Pumpkins...when Tulips and Daffodils are in season instead. It is interesting how we come to associate events in life with the changing of the seasons...
Trying out the new oven!
Oatmeal Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chunks and Almonds
Today we headed to the library to find a few books to keep our minds occupied as we await our shipment of household goods any day now... We came across a lovely little children's book, "The Muddleheaded Wombat" written by Ruth Park. We began reading aloud this afternoon... Thomas loved it!
I am reminding myself to be thankful for this moment... finding joy in this short season of rest as I prepare my heart for a new school year... and the busy days that are ahead.
1 comment:
I want one of those cookies! Hope you have your household stuff by now. Love you guys and hope we can visit next year.
Post a Comment