Sometimes, waiting or sacrificing things is actually just opening the door for God to grant us the desires of our hearts in a spectacular way...

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Going Through the Motions

This week has been pitiful!

My children were recovering from a virus that took us by storm after Christmas, and then I fell ill just as the week was picking up steam...

All my plans for putting a strong foot forward in the New Year, faded away as my brain was dull with congestion and pain. I did not want to get up...I felt like just being in a quiet room, alone...

Yet, life must go forward... food needs to be prepared, horses need to be fed and watered (a mile away), laundry must be done... schooling must go on. So, we went through the motions as best as we could... a lot of things did not get done.

No big deal... It just always makes me a bit downhearted, when I know exactly what I want to give, the needs I want to fulfill, the character I am purposefully challenged to shape on a daily basis, and... I am unable to give because I am weak. It is troublesome for me when we just go through the motions... I get a bit discouraged.

Yet, God is much greater than all of this... I remember this as the night grows quiet...yet there is a struggle in my heart...even that wonderful soft pillow does not take away the worry...worry that I have not been a good mother today...that I have failed. Yet, I remember that God is greater than all of my effort. He reminds me, He can, and will, shape the character of my children. He will fulfill each and every need... even when I fail... and am too weak to be of any good to anybody.

But he said to me,
"My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9


Yes, the gift, of grace, and the ability to be used to honor Him is sweet.

I rest in His sovereignty and wait.

A new week is before me... I will try again to be thankful for what each day brings... good or bad, it really is not about me and what I want, but rather it is all for the Glory of God.

"And we know that in all things
God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose."

Romans 8:28

No comments:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *