Thomas has been maturing quiet a bit over the past few months... It has been wonderful to see him grow and develop skills that will further him along in his education and in life.
He adores his father... and, wants to be just like him! A few days ago we were out shopping and he noticed a suit on the rack... He gasped in delight and exclaimed... "Oh Mommy I want to be just like Daddy! Please may I have this suit..." I could hardly keep myself from smiling and of course I bought the suit for him. (It was an Easter Special on Sale, no less.)
What a joy to see him waiting to show his Daddy upon his return home from work...
His father got a real kick out of it too!
As parents, my husband and I feel we have a responsibility to live out our lives purposefully... thinking through the smallest decisions and modeling behavior and love through our example in front of our children and in the midst of life circumstances. It is such a blessing when we see the fruits of our labor... in the smallest little ways... and, it is such an encouragement to live out our convictions and to continue the hard work of training them up in the way they should go...
1 comment:
He looks so handsome like his daddy. It is also quite sobering to realize that your child wants to grow up and be just like you. I will be praying for both of you. And especially for Andy as he reflects the Heavenly Father as he teaches and guides his children in word and deed. For they are always watching and learning from us.
Post a Comment