Just a note to all of you who are following my blog... it has been a very busy week with my parents here visiting... I have been both entertainer and travel host!
Soooo...I am about a week behind in my blogging. Oh well, this is my blog and I can cry if I want to! :)
Unfortunately, the weather was not as nice as it had been. It got much colder and was overcast and rainy much of the time... nevertheless, we showed them all of the major sites in Madrid that we could on foot and subway... my mom took the majority of the photos... and she will have to forward me some good ones to add to this post!
We were able to share many wonderful meals together as well as take in the local Christmas market in the Plaza Mayor... we enjoyed visiting several local churches, including the Iglesia de Santa Barbara, and the San Fransico el Grande, both filled with amazing works of art and icons. We toured the Museo Thyssen-Bornesmisza filled with a lovely collection of European artists. We enjoyed leisurely evenings spent in our apartment laughing and reminiscing about life.
We took a day trip to Segovia Saturday where there is an ancient Roman Aqueduct, a beautiful Gothic Cathedral and a Castle. We toured all of the old city by foot and shared a wonderful Spanish meal of hearty bean soups and roasted meats. My husband chose to have the Segovian traditional roast suckling pig complete with tail and hoof!
We bid farewell to my parents yesterday and sent them off back to California.
Today I am busily packing up all of our things so we can head home tomorrow too.
The children are thrilled!
They really miss their own beds and things. I guess we all miss home.
It has been a fun adventure and worth the sacrifice of time and the comforts of home to experience a new country and culture... My husband felt supported by his family and was able to be even more productive at work because we were there to take care of him.
Tomorrow we will travel to Frankfurt, Germany for a quick visit with our dear friends Britta and Andreas. We will spend the afternoon tomorrow at the well known Frankfurt Christmas Market!
Keep us in your prayers as we travel.
1 comment:
Wow! What a fantastic time you have had! I can't wait to hear your voice and have you back safe and sound.
Call me when the jet lag clears.
Love
Kristi
Post a Comment