Thank you Christopher Columbus for having such strong faith in God
and in your great perseverance in seeing your vision to reality ...
and in your great perseverance in seeing your vision to reality ...
of the history of Columbus.
We then made our way down the grand Paseo de Recoletos, toward the Prado Museum.
We discovered that the Museums are all closed on Mondays... so we enjoyed the architecture of the historic building (built 1785-1811) and toured the attached Botanical Garden...
Tomorrow we will see the inside of the Prado!
I found the Prado's main website and is very well done. For those who are interested in learning more... go to this link: http://www.museodelprado.es/en/en/welcome/15-masterpieces/
You can then view 15 works of art and hear a narrative description of each piece... spend some time today and learn a little about the art works and about what we will (hopefully) be viewing tomorrow in person!
1 comment:
What wonderful memories you are creating for your children. I wish we could do the same for our son, Vinny, but the circumstances of life have not allowed it to happen so far (he's 5 now). I look forward to reading your blog. Al forwarded the site to me as he knew I would be interested. God bless and hugs to the whole family.
Post a Comment